Florist needs answers :(

So I work at a flower shop. We have a lady who decorates packaged candles, gift, etc.. When I went to pick up one of the wrapped packages, it was wrapped with some kind of hard wire, maybe florist wire. Very very thin in width maybe as big as a sewing needle. It is round/square tip but really sharp. Anywho... I poked myself with that wire, I didn't see any blood coming from me(unless I didn't really notice it then) but what if someone else had poked themselves with that same wire shortly before me? There was a woman looking at those packages when I went to grab one. Is this a real risk? Or real irrational??

Or is this amongst the basis of environmental/ casual contact?

$75 donation for a florist gone postal!!

Love and best wishes to you! :)

Hello Flower-guy,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. HIV doesn't live very long outside the body and the chance that an HIV-positive person poked his finger on the exact same wire and that you poked yourself immediately afterward and managed to transfer enough HIV-infected blood into yourself is so extremely remote it's essentially nonexistent. HIV testing is not medically warranted.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

ARS and HIV Testing
you never answered my question. do you hate me? but i like you.