Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please!!!!! Donation on the way
Feb 5, 2009

Hello Dr.Bob please I need your help with this question. I posted before in another forum called medhelp in which the answers were "no risk" but I really would like your oppinion. I'm from Argentina so sorry for my english. This is my case: I had an encounter with a transvestite sex worker. We did frottage ( I think is called like that, penis with penis) with clothes on for about 40 minutes, after that she pulled down my boxers and she pulled down her underware and she grabbed both penis together masturbating them, I don't know if I am clear enough, it was like if she was masturbating herself but with both penis together. She was on top of me, after aprox. 2 minutes of this I ejaculated and she never did. At that point she stopped. My doubt is that because of the frottage the head of my penis was hurting and I'm not sure if I had wounds due to this, I'm affraid that some of her pre***** came in contact with a wound in the head of my penis I was at risk. I'm not sure if she had pre**** or not but let's suppose she did. And because she was holding both penis together masturbating them this could make her pre**** enter in the wounds. Between 3 weeks and 4 weeks after this exposure I had a sore throat that lasted for about 3 weeks. The night I got the sore throat I went to the clinic and my temperature was 36,6 but like 1 hour before I had two aspirins that may have brought my temperature down (I'm not sure if it's possible to bring it that much down) I'm not sure if I had fever the following days, but I continued going to work as normal. I felt weak but probably it was because I couldn't think in anything else but that I contracted hiv. Please answer me do you think this was a High risk exposure? I don't know why I think that it was risky as receptive anal sex. I called her after the episode several times and she told me she didn't have hiv and that she took tests every 3 months, but I'm not sure she was saying the truth. Please tell me what do you think about the situation, my symptoms and if you think it was risky and if test is warranted Thank you very much in advance and congratulations for the excellent forum!!! I want to donate so please tell me how to do it. Now about 3 1/2 years after the exposure I'm having a mild periodontal problem for which I'm in treatment, could this be a sign of hiv infection at this time? I now I should get tested but I'm planning my wedding and realy scared. Please answer me I'm really, really worried Thanks again And please tell me how to donate

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Argentina Guy,

The HIV-acquisition risk from your visit to the tranny shack 3.5 years ago is essentially nonexistent. The real question is if you have felt you placed yourself at risk for HIV, have had some symptoms and somehow have convinced yourself that tranny masturbation is as risky as receptive anal sex, why haven't you taken an HIV test? You state you know you should get tested, so why don't you? Certainly "planning your wedding" is not a viable excuse. In fact if you're planning to get married, wouldn't that be more impetus to know one way or another if you're HIV infected? Dude, it's time to man-up and get tested. Your risk is essentially nonexistent, but you obviously need to be tested to help you put your longstanding fears permanently to rest. I'm extremely confident the test will be negative.

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thank you for your willingness to help others in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my good-will karma that your HIV test will be negative.

Good luck with your upcoming wedding!

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
one time heroin injection with clean needle/syringe. symptoms/risk level?
Next
Sex life (MAGNETIC COUPLES SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.