Not your usual piercing question.

If I buy a piece of jewelery for my body piercing is there a risk for transmission. Just the JEWELERY not the actual piercing needle. Sort of like an earring but for your lip or nose. I ask because I bought a piece of jewlery for a lip and nose ring from my piercer. He put it in a small bag for me and put it on hold till I could put it in. About 1-2 weeks later I went in so he can put the jewelery in. He went to the back to get it and it was still in the small bag. I didn't see him sterilize it but I'm sure no one tried it on. But now I'm worried if he did some shady stuff in the back with it. Is it irrational to think he would intentionally put HIV blood on it? I don't think he has HIV.

I know HIV dries rapidly, and since he had it in the back, no way for customers to try it on (OR SO I HOPE)From the time he took it out of the bag, from the time he put in the nose and lip ring, it had been about 5 minutes or so. The hole itself in my nose and lip were 2 weeks old, so I know it was in the healing process but bled a tiny bit.

* Would air still be in the small ziploc bag that the jewelery was in so IF there was blood from a customer or someone, would it have dried in the bag??

I will donate $75 because it's all I really have left of my paycheck, but WELL worth it. Please and thank you doctor :)

Can I send anonymously??

Relax Max! Your fears are unwarranted. HIV doesn't live very long at all outside the body (or in a Ziploc bag!).

"Is it irrational to think the piercer would intentionally put HIV blood on jewelry"??? Yep! Totally whacky. Your piercer, I presume, is a professional who has a business. He's not Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street! Frevinsakes! If my reassurances aren't sufficient for you to shake your worries, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark to put your (unwarranted) worries permanently to rest, OK? The test is not medically warranted, but it may help psychologically.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Yes, you can send the donation anonymously.

Be well.

Blood Electrification - one more time (BLOOD ELECTRIFICATION) (CONSPIRACY THEORY REGARDING THE CURE)
Meds withheld while incarcinated