Does HIV

I am a healthy 39 years old man. I was negative in 2007 and turned positive in 2008. I am not on medication yet. My viral load is 30000 and CD4 500. But for few months now I noticed on my face that I m aging much quicker and I have about 5 to 10 small beauty spots each month appearing every where on my body and face. They start as a red spot and then they turn small beauty spots. I have about 10 in my face in within 4 months. My doctor said that I should not worry because it is related to aging! Do you think having hiv will make us look older with no medication? Do you think I should worry about the beauty spots? Thanks a lot for your answer

It is true folks with HIV or any chronic debilitating illness will tend to age more quickly than their healthy counterparts. Just look at what HIV did to handsome Rock Hudson. That said, I don't think your 5 to 10 small beauty marks are really destroying your studly good looks! If you are concerned about these marks, see a dermatologist. They are best qualified to advise you what is normal and what is not.

By the way, 39 would still be considered "chicken" to those of us who passed that milestone long ago.

Be well. Stay well. And by the way, as Billy Crystal would say: "You look mahvelous!"

Window Period and Auto-Immune Disorders
Martini Mom