Condon 100% safe, I think not!!!!---Part2

Hi Doctor, Thank you very much for answering my last message.I do still confuse, please explain little more to me. You mean that this Chancroid can be transmit through skin to skin contact(if the condom is not cover all part).IF this Chancroid carry HIV along with them.Since it is skin to skin contact, how did HIV enter the body??? From my heart, Thank you very much for your help. Is there any chance that I might not contact HIV however I really feel a lot of change in my body like fatigue,diarrhea etc. By the way what do you think about Stem Cell research in City of Hope(just your point of view).Any chance this will be success in this 10 years and Is there is any other company who is developing this same approach.From my heart, Thank you very much.God bless you.

You're welcome.

Regarding chancroid, yes it is transmitted by direct skin-to-skin contact where the condom was not covering and providing a barrier/protection.

As for HIV, I don't believe you are HIV infected if indeed you used a latex condom properly and it did not fail. Just because you feel tired and have diarrhea doesn't mean you've contracted HIV. The only way to determine your HIV status is to get an HIV test at the three-month mark.

As for stem-cell research, it holds promise for many diseases, including HIV. Unfortunately we have missed eight full years of potential life-saving advances due to Bush's inane ban on stem-cell research to appease rightwing GOP religious zealots. Thank goodness Dubya's Reign of Error has ended and we can get back to both science and common sense.

Condon 100% safe, I think not!!!! Feb 1, 2009

Hi Doctor, I am 22 year old male.I am very well educate about HIV and alway be very careful everytime I have sex.In fact, I never have any un-protected in my life. I dont have girlfriend yet so I went to Sex Massage.I have been there only 4-5 times in my life. I know this is the stupid thing I did but I am really very careful while I have sex.I check Condom every 1-2 minutes to make sure that the condom didnot break. However, after 3 days, I start to develope Canchroid(STD) and after 5 days, I start to have a very bad cold(high fever) and very bad cough which last for 2 weeks.My doctor check my blood and say that there is virus inflection(during 6th day). I feel like dieing now.How this can happen?? I have safe-sex(condom and no break) and didnot do any thing risky(only intercouse). I am just really afraid to get test now knowing only miracle can save me.How can I get STD through using latex Condom??. Sometime life is just unfair.

None of us has ever claimed condoms are 100% safe or 100% effective in preventing all STDs!!! You may feel you are "very well educated" about HIV, but you certainly have much to learn about STDs in general!

Because each STD is cased by a different germ (microorganism) and these various "bugs" are transmitted in different ways, discussing STD transmission and prevention can be complex! There are, for example, a number of STDs that are transmitted by skin-to-skin contact. Chancroid, a bacterial infection caused by Hemophilus ducreyi, is spread in this way. Other STDs with skin-to-skin transmission routes include HPV/genital warts, herpes simplex virus, molluscum contagiosum, syphilis, scabies and crabs/pubic lice. Condoms that only cover the penis will not protect against these STDs if there is skin-to-skin contact not covered by the condom. HIV is not transmitted by skin-to-skin contact! Rather it requires infected fluids to come into contact with mucous membranes or non-intact skin. Consequently condoms properly used that do not fail (break) would be extremely effective in preventing HIV transmission. HIV cannot permeate intact latex (or polyurethane), OK?

If indeed you have chancroid, you are not dying. Symptoms of chancroid occur within a week of exposure. People with chancroid can be effectively treated with one of several antibiotics.

Life is not unfair. You just need to better understand the rules of the game if you are going to play.

I am a dork/ What happens at fair stayed at fair..
Hep C contact