The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

17 year old in need

Feb 1, 2009

This guy I know that is rumored to have HIV sold me his Marijuana pipe. This was a few months ago. I smoked out of it and then stopped smoking all together. I recently started to smoke again which had been 2 months later. I smoked out of the pipe that he sold me, and suddenly got this surge of panic. Could I have contracted HIV if in fact he has HIV? By using a pipe he used 2 months prior? Or will this have been enough time, IF any virus had gotten on it, to have been inactive even if its a hollow pipe? Obviously it is not like a syringe, but it IS hollow!!

And would there have been any risk by sharing the pipe back and forth with him initially. Like he took a hit, then me...ect... How much blood would have had to been enough to infect? Like enough that I would have noticed and turned it down? Or unnoticeable? PLEASE PLEASE HELP! Am I being irrational??

I WILL DONATE $200! Where can I send this donation?

Response from Dr. Frascino


There is no HIV risk from sharing a marijuana pipe. As for a blood-to-blood risk, yes, you would notice it. Think more Texas Chainsaw Massacre rather than invisible specks of blood, OK?

Donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be sent to the foundation's office at the following address:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Be well.

Dr. Bob

so much mixed information pregnant and scared please I need help

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint