Back to Normal
Feb 1, 2009
Hi Dr Bob,
I really need your reply as i really stress out to face my family. (can i stop testing) I have sent few time related to the title of back to normal.
I have done a big mistake to my life during my business trip to China. With 2 different part time sex worker (protected vaginal intercourse 4 times and one insertive unprotected oral sex less then 30sec, and kissing. I do not have knowledge about STD). I know and have checked some of the forum that you reply with similar to my case, but I really need your words to tell me.
1. With 3wks, 6wks, and 82days EIA test negative conclusive? Do I need to take another 12 wks? My local lab asks me to do that but I really stress up myself to waiting another 12wks.
2.The local lab told me that the body fluid my contacted to me. So they request me come another 12wks? How do you justify my risk?
Dr. Bob till now 18wks I never touch to my wife, stress to wait another 3 months mark. But I think I can not stay so long till she knows that. I dun really wan to screw up my family, I just started and have one kids. She started ask me to plan for second. OK to go ahead?
Im really impressed your work and karma. Lesson learns to me!
Donation will do for your foundation
Response from Dr. Frascino
Your HIV-acquisition risk is very low. Protected vaginal sex is indeed "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. Insertive oral sex carries only a very minimal risk for HIV acquisition.
To address your specific questions:
1. I would consider your repeatedly negative EIA tests out to 82 days definitive following such a minimal risk.
2. I do not feel another test in 12 weeks is warranted or necessary.
3. Yes, go ahead with your plans for a second child.
I also recommend you level with your wife. Not only is it the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.
Good luck. Be well. Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia In One Day?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
- What Are Std Symptoms On Tongue?
- What Kinds Of Infections Could Cause A Brown Discharge?
- 3 Month Negative Turning Positive At 6 Months
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.