Hidden HIV/AIDS

I have tested negative and my wife has tested positive. Our councillor said it could be that I am HIV/AIDS carrier and it cannot be seen on me. How possible is that? and what can be happening?

Either you didn't understand what your counselor actually said or he's woefully misinformed! There is no such thing as an HIV carrier. There are only three possibilities for the recent test results:

1. Your wife may have a "false positive" HIV test. Confirmatory tests will check for this possibility.

2. Your wife is HIV positive and you are HIV negative. (Please note not every HIV exposure leads to HIV transmission!)

3. Your wife is HIV positive and you are still in your window period. This is defined as the first three months after primary HIV infection. During this period you may test HIV negative even though you are HIV infected, because your body's immune system hasn't yet kicked in to produce detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies.

The dirtiest dance
Immune Restoration