question (ELISA WITH REFLEX WESTERN BLOT)
Jan 31, 2009
Dr.Bob On an elisa test I had recently it said "with reflexes" what does this mean? Thanks
Response from Dr. Frascino
That means if the ELISA is reactive (positive) a confirmatory Western Blot will be performed. However, if the ELISA is negative the Western Blot would not be done, as it would not be indicated. In other words the confirmatory test is done "reflexively" (automatically) if and only if indicated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Tongue After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your System?
- Are Body Itch, Joint Pain, Numbness HIV Symptoms?
- Blood Splash In Eyes Patient Was Hiv Negative
- Can HIV Live In Blood Outside Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.