A quick answer please doc !! I need you !

Hey Doc,

Thank you so much for everything you do here Doc. I am sure you know how amazing your influence is on thousands of people because of this forum. I have two questions: 1- I started having oral thrush last January, and still have it. It hasn't gotten worse, or better, and it is very mild. Is this typical of HIV? 2- Shooting pain in lymph nodes in groin, and neck, and also consistent pain in the armpit nodes. Is this a symptom? I had an exposure about four and half years ago, and am worried if these symptoms are signs that I should get tested. Is the timing normal for these ?

Please respond doc, since I have been having nightmares, and can't sleep. I really need to know your opinion, and will donate.

The only reason to get an HIV test is HIV risk. If you've never had an HIV-risk exposure there is no reason to get an HIV test. On the other hand, if you have had a potential exposure you need an HIV-antibody test three months or more from the date of your last exposure, whether or not you have any symptoms whatsoever! It really is just that straightforward. Stop focusing on "symptoms." They are unreliable when trying to predict who is or is not HIV infected.

Chance at possible exposure to HIV? (revision)
magnetic couple: + male and receptive cunnilingus