I think I'm dying from HIV with Balanitis, My (once again!!) CNN Hero Nominee Dr. Bob?

Hi my lovely Dr. Bob! Remember me? I nominated u last year for CNN Heroes and has so done again. I really hope you and your foundation will get some exposure. You do deserve it tremeandously!!! Ok, soon I'll either jump from a bridge or go to the nearest gun store to finish off my hell..Here is my story: 5,5 years ago I had protected sex with a female I didn't know the HIV status of. I had vaginal sex for 10-15 seconds, whereafter I stopped as I regret my stupid act. No oralsex or petting..Afterwords I was convinced I had HIV. And yes ofcourse 9 days later sitting having lunch at work I got my death sentence!! I could feel that I had a soare throat when drinking and an hour/a couple of hours later sitting by the computer later I started to feel warm and a bit tired and the feeling I was about to get sick, i.e slight fever like getting a cold. I don't remember if I had a runny nose. I had this low fever for approx. 4-5 days varying, the evenings felt better. It wasn't that I was completely out but had this "sick" feeling. So I stayed home from work for the week, lying in bed watching telly and reading. The soar throat gave up like 4-5 days after the "fever". No rashes or sweating or anything like that. Does this sound like the a typical hiv infection? I'm sure it was since I got it in August..How many people get sick in the summer, although I did May 2007 and September 2008 with pretty much the same sickness and length, but it must be from a low immunesystem due to HIV. How many people get HIV from protected sex with no oralsex or petting? Is it common? I'm 99%sure the condom didn't slip or break. Are u usually able to see if the condoms breaks or can there be very small holes in it? It was the girl who gave me the condoms so she might have manipulated them...Ok, here is the thing..I had, 10 days ago, sex for the first time with my new girlfriend (unprotected) and after 4-5 days I had some 8-10 flat, small red spots on my penis head, no discharge, warts, wounds, blood, "white stuff" on my penis or anything else. She says she thinks she might have had an infection or something at the time because she was itchy "down there". It didn't change for 4 days so today I went to a STD clinic. Unfortunately no doctor was available but a nurse who took a look at it and said it was just some irritation, probably from her vaginal "environment"and that we all respond different to each other down there. But do you think I should trust her, she wasn't a doctor, like you...I said that I had been surfing the whole internet and was convinced that it was Balanitis caused by an HIV infection. If it is balanitis, is it common among uncircumcized men (I'm 34) without HIV? How much more common is it among HIV+ than HIV-? Or could it be that this is a first sign of HIV? Is it common that balanitis is the first sign of HIV 5 years after protected sex, I don't have any other symptoms? I had my immunesystem (regular bloodtests) done 5 months ago and the doc said it was spotless. Can my immunesystem dropped so quickly so that I have now got this balanitis caused by HIV? They said the spots was not a sign off an STD. I feel perfectly healthy otherwise except for my depression and constant worry for HIV and STDs. Finally, Dr. Bob...Thank you, Sir! I take a bow for all the work you do for us out here.

How many people get HIV from protected sex? None, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. That's correct: none, zero, zilch, nada, bupkis! OK? HIV can not permeate intact latex. No way. No how.

You stayed home from work for a week, because you had a "soare" throat? Gosh, no wonder the economy is crashing. Dude, a sore throat is not a "death sentence." Stop being such a histrionic drama queen! I can't diagnose the cause of your small red spots on your penis over the Internet. However, they certainly don't sound at all worrisome, especially from an HIV perspective. See a dermatologist if you're concerned.

As for your statement, "I feel perfectly healthy otherwise except for my depression and constant worry for HIV and STDS," BINGO!!! I absolutely agree. You need psychological counseling to help you confront these irrational fears and anxieties and also to treat your depression.

Also, considering you are so STD/HIV-phobic, why would you have "unprotected" sex with your new girlfriend. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You now need an HIV test three months from the date of your last potential exposure. You are not "dying from HIV," but you certainly are not making wise decisions related to HIV prevention either. Time to wake up and take responsibility for your actions.

Unanswered thank you
Dr Bob Please I Need Some Good Luck Karma