CDC Lesbian Statistics
Jan 28, 2009
"The CDC doesn't track lesbian HIV statistics accurately. For instance, if a lesbian is diagnosed as HIV-positive, but has ever had sex with a man, the case is counted as "heterosexual.""
Huh?! Why do they do that?
They don't count HIV poitive gay men as heterosexual if they've ever been with a woman do they?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Wouldn't it make more sense to ask the CDC rather than me? I can assure you I had nothing to do with these epidemiological studies. I can tell you that HIV transmission between lesbians is very low and primarily would involve a blood-to-blood exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hepatitis B Vaccine And Time Frame
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Can Yeast Infection Be Mistaken For Genital Warts?
- Why Cant I Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis?
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.