CDC Lesbian Statistics
Jan 28, 2009
"The CDC doesn't track lesbian HIV statistics accurately. For instance, if a lesbian is diagnosed as HIV-positive, but has ever had sex with a man, the case is counted as "heterosexual.""
Huh?! Why do they do that?
They don't count HIV poitive gay men as heterosexual if they've ever been with a woman do they?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Wouldn't it make more sense to ask the CDC rather than me? I can assure you I had nothing to do with these epidemiological studies. I can tell you that HIV transmission between lesbians is very low and primarily would involve a blood-to-blood exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- What Is The Risk Of Getting AIDS From Condom Broke?
- Are Swollen Lymph Glands An Ars Symptom?
- Is Pain In Penis A Sign Of AIDS?
- How Do You Know If You Have Anal Cancer?
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.