|BOB HELP ME PLEASE !!!!
Jan 28, 2009
first of all let me say that you will indeed get a donation form me; just please help me cope with my fear that i just might have hiv; 5 days after a low risk encounter ( anal fingering may have been alittle pre cum there) i got a isloated sore throat no fever no hash then 3 days later that night i got a head ache and fever and all three where gone the next day ? i was told that ars come on together and the fever is present 96% of the time; when i got my sore throat there was no fever present until that 3rd day at night so do these sytoms sound like ARS to you ??? please help me bob i cant sleep at night !!!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
I'll make three quick points:
1. Your HIV risk is so remote it is essentially nonexistent.
2. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. The reason to worry or to get HIV tested should be related to your HIV-risk exposure, not to whether symptoms are present.
3. Your "symptoms" are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). (Also, ARS symptoms become manifest two to three weeks after primary HIV infection, not several days.)
Thank you for your willingness to make a donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).
Be well. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sex With A Prostitute Safe?
- Do People Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Rash After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.