My 26 year old son

O.k now I know I need to loosen the ties to my son, and I am overprotective! My son is 26 years old and a regular pot smoker (which I HATE!) He shares a marijuana pipe with one of his friends, and my son gets very chapped lips, and they also sometimes use a vaporizer(which is a machine tht heats up the pot and attached to a tube you put in your mouth and breath in/suck the vapors) now I'm worried about HIV transmission. Is there any risk, or am I just too protective? I read that you can't get HIV from sharing drinks, food etc... So would this fall in the same category..kind of like sharing a straw?

My doctor says there is no risk unless the pipe was dripping blood, but that my son wouldn't put it in his mouth in that case. Is this true?

Any risk of sharing pipes or vaporizers?

I will donate $100 for you services! Please help!

love you

I agree with your doctor's assessment: no risk. I also agree with your assessment: overprotective.

Thanks for your generous donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Why not advise your son to check out this Web site. The archives could be helpful in reinforcing HIV prevention (both sexual and nonsexual). There are even a number of questions pertaining to marijuana, pipes, bongs and other assorted relics from the Woodstock era.

Be well.

chichenpox = ARS??
Herpes Screening and HIV Risks