chichenpox = ARS??

Hi doctor bob!! hoping you are fine, let me describe my situation:

three weeks ago i went to massage parlor and received protected oral sex from the girl, and also i finished inside her (with the condom on), in total, i was inside her no more that 15 seconds without making any pump. As far as i know, the condom did not fail, and after that i washed my genital area with soap and warm water for several minutes.

Two weeks later, which we would call day 1, i started feeling a little bit sick, with general malaise and some fever. The next day i noticed a rash in my chest and neck; it consisted in a handful of slighly itchy blister-like bumps.

I panicked and went to the doctor (dermathologist). After a quick inspection, she diagnosed me with chickenpox (which i never had) and sent me home, with a regime of aciclovir, to make the symptoms less strong.

That night, the next day, which would be day 3, and part of day 4, the itchiness was at some points extremely strong (almost like needles in the skin) and couldnt even sleep. By this time, more of this blisters had appeared in my neck, chest, back, arms and scalp.

I also had a very unconfortable sore throat, and some ulcers in my mouth.

by day 4, the ulcers in the mouth had began to heal as well as the sore throat, and by day 5 they had gone.

itchiness continued, but slighter and quite bearable.

at no point had headache, but in day 4 i had one episode of diahrrea, which i assumed was due to the aciclovir.

in day 5, 6 and 7, i had some episodes of mild night sweats.

by now, which would be day 9, most of the blisters have formed a crust and some have even begun to fall.

But not all the blisters formed a crust. Some just left a flat red zone.

So doctor, do you think this symptoms are consistent with chickenpox, or do they sound like ARS to you? or can ARS resemble chickenpox?? thanks for your time doctor Bob, i was so worried all this week, just for my stupidity, and would appreciate your opinion.

Worried sick

Hello Worried Sick,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break.

Your symptoms are quite classic for chicken pox, not HIV. So chicken pox = chicken pox. Chicken pox does not equal ARS!

Swollen Nodes in Groin & Armpit?
My 26 year old son