Genital Shaving + Frottage

Hi Dr. Bob and thank you for fielding my question.

My questions seem to be something many are concerned with and I thought asking it straight up would be a good way to get info out there, which is why I titled my question as I did. So, off we go:

I shaved my genital region about 10 hours before engaging in protected sex with a lady (hetero). Prior to that we engaged in unprotected frottage. Anyway, I nicked myself during shaving and bled a very little, but still bled. I now fear she might be at risk as she was married to someone in a high risk category. She's getting tested, after we spoke she thought it would be a good idea, however, the time in between is nerve racking for me.

So, my specific questions are in regards to genital shaving nicks that occur on the scrotum. I ask this specifically because for those of us who engage in only protected sex, this is an area not covered by a condom and it's probable that vaginal fluids contact the scrotum, yet obviously outside the body. Well, unless you are extremely talented, but I don't want to go there! LOL. Second, frottage with possible shaving nicks in the region, is this still no risk? From what I gather, fluids outside the body lose infectioness quickly and this has never happened or been documented as a source of infection. But this is from websites whose experiences are not near this one's.

Thank you Dr. Bob. I love your website and am going to ask my employer if I can get a match on a contribution and make a recurring donation. Maybe I can talk some co-workers into contributing too. Regardless, if that doesn't work out, would really enjoy donating to your cause and will after I find out if the match will work. I think you do a fantastic job and appreciate the service you provide.

Thank you!

You sliced your kibble and bits while manscaping the nether regions??? OUCHAMAGOUCHA!!!

Responding to your specific questions, relax Max! I see no cause for alarm. Your shaving mishap "bled very little" and occurred 10 hours before your unprotected bump-and-grind routine. Consequently the HIV-transmission risk would be so remote it becomes essentially nonexistent. Likewise the risk of HIV-infected cervical/vaginal fluids reaching a small 10-hour-old nick on the scrotum and resulting in HIV transmission is equally remote.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation (and possible matching gift from your employer!) to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well and remember to be careful when wielding sharp objects around your family jewels! The world doesn't need any additional mohels!

Oral Sex Help
Worried South Africa