Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Where is the archived "Oral Sex" chapter?
Jan 22, 2009

First I want to thank you and acknowledge that about 5 years ago you helped me enormously in a moment of anguish that had a happy ending. I am afraid that this time the ending may not be as happy: A week ago I had semi-protected sex with a prostitute. By "semi" I mean protected vaginal with unprotected mutual oral pleasures. Yesterday I developed a slightly itchy sore or ulcer inside the foreskin of Mr. Happy. Based on what I have read in your previous postings, it does not appear that I should be too concerned about HIV, although I should remain worried about other STDs. You mention in several of your postings having a "whole chapter" in Oral Sex in the archives. Can you point me to that chapter? I assume that by "chapter" you mean something other than older regular postings. Right?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

First of all, when you mention your previous predicament had a "happy ending" in this forum, that usually refers to a rub-and-tug sexual massage, but OK.

As for your current conundrum, it's true: A number of STDs can be transmitted/acquired much more easily than HIV via oral sex. If you've developed a sore or ulcer, you need to see your doctor, not search the archives!

The chapter on oral sex is indeed the collection of previous questions and my responses to oral sex inquiries. Within my responses are links to other resources and references on this topic or aspects of the topic.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Barebacking a POZ.
Next
Dr. Bob please help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.