Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Still worried and going in for test
Jan 22, 2009

Dr. Bob,

I had 1st HIV test three weeks after encounter and nother at 5.5 months out (EIA 1/2 w/ reflex AB) all NON-REACTIVE. I AM GOING IN FOR A THIRD ONE since I need to get blood work for routine checking and I thought I may as well take the opportunity.

Question: is it likely that this one could come back positive? any chances? Reason for this third test is not only insanity (I am guilty of that) is because of rapid weight loss, loss of apetite, not feeling well at all. The whole thing with the window period is driving me crazy!!!! You'll probably tell me I need professional help; even so please answer!

I need your whoowhoo!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your negative HIV EIA at 5.5 months was definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional testing is needed. However, if you do retest, the result will undoubtedly and very predictably still be negative.

Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Worried about handjob
Next
Worried dad again!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.