Worried about handjob

Dear Doctor Sorry to bother you but I'm worried as I have received an handjob at a massage center. The lady gave me an handjob with a lube oil (hope it wasn't infected) but I don't know whether she may has some infected fluid from a previous customer or her own vaginal secretion (she was wearing trousers and did not notice anything). Anyway I've spoken to my wife about it as we want to have a baby ans she has forgiven me and she is not worried about keep having sex with me. She said it was just a sex massage not to do it anymore. Now do you think I am at risk of any std or HIV? Do I need to get tested? Can I keep having sex with my wife normally? I'm very vorried for my stupid thing I have done. Thank you and pls let me know how I can do a donation from Europe. All the best. F.

Hello F.,

"Handjobs" are not considered a risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. I see no cause for concern over your rub-and-tug happy ending massage. Your concerns about your masseuse having vaginal secretions or infected fluids from previous clients on her hands are unwarranted. Your concerns about HIV in the massage oil are also unwarranted. HIV does not survive outside the body.

I'm delighted you leveled with your wife. There is no medical reason for HIV testing. However, if my reassurance is not enough for you to shake your worries, a single HIV test at the three-month mark will give you a definitive test result. This will undoubtedly be negative, but if it helps you to put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest, it may be worth the time and effort psychologically.

Can you continue having sex with your wife? Yes. Absofrickinlutely.

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. From Europe donations can be made via credit card, PayPal, direct wire transfer, cashier's check, personal check or cash.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes indeed you are "well!")

McKesson Auto Push Lancet
Still worried and going in for test