three-month test

Dear Dr.Bob, greetings from Nepal.

Condom broke when I was having vaginal sex.It's been 3.5 months. I did a kits test yesterday and it was negative.

should i consider this test to be definitive or do i need to take another one after three months. Some say the window period is three months whereas others say it is six months. could you please clarify me about it? I do not have any desease that weaken my immune system.

thanks madan

Hello madan from Nepal,

I would consider a negative HIV test at 3.5 months following a failed condom vaginal sex exposure with a partner of unknown HIV status to be definitive and conclusive. Certainly if you remain worried, the option to take another test at the six-month mark is always available to you. However, I do not feel it's medically warranted.

Be well.

re:Dr.Bob!!!!!!!Help me!...am going crazy!!!!!
Worried dad