re:Dr.Bob!!!!!!!Help me!...am going crazy!!!!!

Dear Dr.Bob,

Thank you so much for writing back to me and giving me reassuarance...i have followed your advice and met a Psychiatrist...who after spending sometime diagnosied that am suffering from OCD regarding HIV infection which has been building up over somtime...He has put me on medication.and i explained to him that i was worried about touching the things that HIV + friend of ours touched..like things in the kitchen,my car...my phone...watches..and a few clothes that he wore of mine...that my own home was like HELL...he calmed me down and said the same things you have said:

Not too worry Meditate and act on the fear :which means start using the things that am afraid to touch...like the phone..watch..wearing the clothes... as HIV doesnt transmit through inanimate objects and doesnt survive outside the human body...he said doctors like him are at more risk but he is not at all worried...am trying to act on my fear now...Doc...Need your good Karma...so that i overcome my fear...And hopefully all the other people who have similar fears...and finally can say wohooo and also go and hug my friend who is HIV+ : ). Thanks Dr.Bob.You are terrifc. BTW,My wife wants to thank you too for what you have done...coz i was makinh her life hell too...saying dont touch this and that,keep the clothes away...throw them and things like that...she is now at peace...

love

SRK

Hello SRK,

You don't need my good luck or good karma to overcome your irrational fears. What you do need is to continue working closely with your psychiatrist!

Good luck (and karma) nonetheless!

Dr.Bob!!!!!!!Help me!...am going crazy!!!!! Jan 17, 2009

Dr.Bob, we recently found out that a friend of ours is HIV positive.He was close to us, in the sense, he has come home.eaten with us.sometimes used my clothes.slept in our guest bedroom...used our car...borrowed my phone...when i came to know about his status, i have started panicking that all of what he used is infected...and we are at risk.my friends who are around say there is nothing to worry...but my peace of mind is gone...i may sound irrational...but i cant get over it...a friend of mine told me to speak to a cousnellor...but doctor, need your reassurance...is there a chance of infection...through objects/things the person used in my house...should i get tested for a precaution?...puhleeese puhleeese guide me...

SRK

Hello SRK,

Calm down! Take three big cleansing yoga breaths. Go ahead. We'll wait. There. Feel better? No? Well, it was worth a try, because you are panicking over nothing! Think about this rationally. If HIV were transmitted by such casual contact, it would have wiped out the entire planet long ago. It's shocking that with the HIV/AIDS pandemic now over a quarter century old you are still so uninformed about even the most rudimentary facts related to HIV transmission! There is no doubt your fears are completely irrational and totally unwarranted. Counseling is an excellent idea. You should also spend some time perusing the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on the related links. Pay particular attention to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. When you have had a chance to digest the information, go and give your HIV-positive friend a big hug!

PMMA permanant fillers
three-month test