HIV+ Gay Partner Follow up

Hi Doc:

I just want to follow up with the questions that I asked. Here is my case:

I had a relationship with a guy started April this year. We both are HIV neg when we first met.

Because of our negative HIV status we didn't engage in protected sex.We both are top/bottom vice-versa.

Months has gone by, he tested negative end of May 08...negative.

Still we didnt even think about to practise safe sex.

On November the 1st, we both tested again. He came back positive on both rapid and rna test and I am negative.

He also tested positive for Chlamydia (urethra), and myself Chlamydia positive as well (rectal). We get treated right away with Doxycycline 100mg bid.

On November 3rd I started taking PEP meds as well.

Last dose of PEP was November 28,2008.

Since then we both use condom for safe sex. Except I had an accident one time exposure with condom breaks while I am topping him, that was at end of November,08. I pulled out and washed the my penis with soup and warm water as soon I noticed it.

On Jan 2nd, 09. I went back to clinic and tested again....I am negative, viral load zero.

My questions:

1.What is the Jan 2nd,09 test result mean? Am I safe for now? Or do I still have to worry?

2. Do I still have to worry about the condom breaks incident back in November 08?

Please advise. Thank you.

Mr.Worried.

Hello Mr. Worried,

1. Your negative HIV test in January was encouraging, but not definitive or conclusive. You will need repeat HIV-antibody testing at three and six months from the date of the broken-condom incident to be certain you did not contract the virus.

2. The broken-condom incident was your last potential exposure. Because your partner is confirmed to be HIV positive, the CDC recommends testing out to six months for a conclusive result.

Your testimonial is similar to many others in the archives. (Have a look!) It serves as a reminder that unsafe sex can be a problem, even among couples who initially test negative together. Monogamy works for some folks, but eventually a number of folks will have extracurricular activities which could lead to STDs, including HIV. Safer sex remains the best way to protect one's health.

How do I donate anonymously?
indian guy