Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

JUST HOPING YOU SEND ME SOME OF YOUR GOOD KARMA...
Jan 19, 2009

Dr. Bob,

I cannot say how much I admire and respect the amount of time and energy you spend on these forums helping people, and of course for your charitable organization which changes lives.

I don't know if I will get a reply, but I really am just hoping for some good karma and well wishes.

Basically, my situation is that for some spur of the moment reason, I decided to go see a shemale prostitute several days ago. We had protected oral sex (insertive and receptive) and I performed insertive anal. The condom never same off, but since I was drunk, I had to readjust it a few times (pull it all the way back down) due to my varying "level" of interest.

I guess I know that the oral is low risk (no ejaculation, very brief in duration), and the anal was protected. But, I had "winter hands" - some dryness and cracking. How worried should I be that I was touching the outside of the condom, several times, and potential exposure to anal secretions?

Hope - I hope you write me back, I hope you send me your good karma, I hope you continue to perform your incredible good deeds.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

YIKES! Your "spur of the moment" was oral and anal sex with a shemale??? Gosh, one can only wonder what happens when you really plan a wild night out on the town!

Your HIV-acquisition risk due to "winter hands" touching the outside of the condom is essentially nonexistent. But I've sent my good-luck karma nonetheless.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Ready to Donate and Worried...
Next
Is a club really just a club?! Super donation to super questions!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.