Dr.Bob!!!!!!!Help me!...am going crazy!!!!!

Dr.Bob, we recently found out that a friend of ours is HIV positive.He was close to us, in the sense, he has come home.eaten with us.sometimes used my clothes.slept in our guest bedroom...used our car...borrowed my phone...when i came to know about his status, i have started panicking that all of what he used is infected...and we are at risk.my friends who are around say there is nothing to worry...but my peace of mind is gone...i may sound irrational...but i cant get over it...a friend of mine told me to speak to a cousnellor...but doctor, need your reassurance...is there a chance of infection...through objects/things the person used in my house...should i get tested for a precaution?...puhleeese puhleeese guide me...

SRK

Hello SRK,

Calm down! Take three big cleansing yoga breaths. Go ahead. We'll wait. There. Feel better? No? Well, it was worth a try, because you are panicking over nothing! Think about this rationally. If HIV were transmitted by such casual contact, it would have wiped out the entire planet long ago. It's shocking that with the HIV/AIDS pandemic now over a quarter century old you are still so uninformed about even the most rudimentary facts related to HIV transmission! There is no doubt your fears are completely irrational and totally unwarranted. Counseling is an excellent idea. You should also spend some time perusing the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on the related links. Pay particular attention to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. When you have had a chance to digest the information, go and give your HIV-positive friend a big hug!

False Positive Elisa?
Sex Toys and its safety