Nut in the making, help me get over this!

Dr.Bob, Here we go, I need a correct answer and I know you are the person to get it from:) In 2001, after a high risk exposure, I took a home access test. I called and the results said negative. In 2003 I had a test at the Dr. that was non reactive, after a sexual contact 8 months before, it was negative. I was looking at another website, and some person who said they were positive said they had several false negative tests, prior to testing positive. They claimed this was over a period of three to four years.Needless to say this could freak a person out. On this same forum I was on someone had said they have lupus and a thyroid disease and that will cause false negatives. I of course tend to come to your site for advice and have seen in your posts that while autoimmune diseases can cause(rarely)false positives they don't cause false negatives. I was seriously going to track these two encounters I had down to seee if they were tested ever!! I don't wanT to be labeled a nutcase or a stalker so help me out with this. I do have three autoimmune diseases(wonderful how they come in multiples.) I also have geographic tongue which has been burning for weeks which I am assuming is from stress and my mouth feels like a cotton ball, which I am hoping is anxiety. I also wanted you to know that I have been married since the last test to a person who has been tested several times before and after our marriage, we are monogamous. That is why I just need to fell secure about that last test, and the first test for that matter. You are a hero in my eyes and it is a wonderful thing that you do. I would like to make a generous donation, can I do so by credit card or is a check a better idea? Take care!!

I'll be brief. Your negative HIV tests taken outside the window period are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Stop worrying about anecdotal reports found on the Web. Your understanding of the effect autoimmune diseases may have on HIV antibody tests is correct.

Thanks for your interest in the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. We gratefully accept credit cards, PayPal, personal checks, cash, cashier's checks, direct wire transfers, oil fields, diamond mines, old spaceships, you name it.

Be well. Stay well.

You were right.
False Positive Elisa?