Sex in San Francisco (Help me please, I beg you)

Dear Dr. Bob,

This is my first time writing to this forum. Honestly, I didn't realize that you are also living in the Bay Area also. I stumbled upon your website when I was searching for every possible information on the web, and voila!. So, please answer my questions that are driving me crazy for the past month.

After a hard, drunken party at Club NV during one of its Asian nights, I then continued my journey to visit a local brothel disguised as a massage parlor just a few blocks from NV. (Some said the place has been raided by cops, but somehow it was there when I went). I picked myself a nice looking Korean girl in her mid-20s, and went straight in with her. I had unprotected oral sex with her, and protected vaginal sex with her (at first), when suddenly my Johnny was all limpy and I cum inside her, and when I pulled down my dick, I saw that the condom was no longer there!! I was so freaked out by that incident that I quickly washed my dick with soap as much as I could possibly lather on it.

My questions are: 1) After the incident, I got tested at 1-week (7 days) at my school at USF, and the test turned out NEGATIVE. (ELISA Non-Reactive Index: 0.28)

2) Still worried, I got myself tested again at 6-week (42 days), and the result was NEGATIVE. (ELISA Non-Reactive Index: 0.25)

3) What do you think, according to your judgement, is my risk here? (Brief unprotected vaginal sex due to limpy dick and the slipping of the condom). What is my likelihood that the result at 3-month will be NEGATIVE?

Please answer me Dr. Bob, I am going mad, and I can't even concentrate on my studies at all. Please, just bring me back to the "right" track of mind right now, because I think I am going insane.

Alex in San Francisco.

Hi Alex,

1. This is not a question.

2. Neither is this one!

3. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected (or failed condom) insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated statistical risk would be even less, as we don't know the HIV status of your Korean Kutie-pie.

Your negative HIV tests at one and six weeks are very encouraging, but not definitive. You'll need to test at the three-month mark to get a conclusive test result.

Good luck Alex. I'm here (very near) if you need me.

hiv positive dentist
Confirmation on test