Jan 16, 2009
Dear Doc I writting from south America... and i need your professional advice...i been envolved in a situation insertive oral sex with a girl but she did some laceration in my pennis during the act, i was told that was not a real risk of infection...so i am married and have sex with my wife..after that she develop swollen lymph nodes behind the ears and neck, so i became nervous and went for a test after almost 20 weeks blood test using method ECLIA came back negative, can i consider this conclusive and definitive, please need your advice best regards Antonio PD.How can I donate from here?? is ECLIA good for rule out HIV infection??? THANKS
Response from Dr. Frascino
A negative ECLIA test 20 weeks after a blowjob would be considered definitive and conclusive. ECLIA tests are very reliable (like ELISA tests). See below.
Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.
What is E.C.L.I.A??? Is this test reliable? Nov 1, 2007
Hello Doc, during a risk encounter with a girl, the condom broke briefly (about 10 seconds). This was 90 days ago, and after reading all the posts and your answers I did 2 4th generation tests at 21 days and at 9 weeks, both of them Negative.
Yesterday, after 89 days, I took the final test: it was Negative too, and it was a blood analysis with "electro chemical luminescence" or something like that (called E.C.L.I.A).
After 89 days of waiting...
1. Is this definitive? Should I retest? (I hope not becouse of 1 day!)
2. Is this kind of blood test reliable? (it's suposed to be a 4th generation test: HIV 1+2 and p24 antigen)
3. How can I donate? You have helped me a lot.
Thank you very much for your answer, I didn't found anything related to this in the old posts.
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. I cannot change the published guidelines that state HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be definitive. However, personally, I would consider your negative fourth generation tests at 3 and 9 weeks and an 89-day negative ECLIA following a 10-second (condom failure) exposure to be definitive and conclusive. Go ahead and WOO-HOO!
2. ECLIA is Electrochemiluminescence immunoassay. Yes, it's not only reliable, it's a really, really good word if you're playing Scrabble.
3. Just sign on to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org and click on the donate tab. There you'll find all the information for making tax-deductible donations using credit cards, PayPal, check, direct wire transfer, checks, money orders, etc.
Thank you for your interest in making a tax-deductible gift to help those in desperate need.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Hep C Cause High Blood Pressure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.