hiv test

Dear Doc I writting from south America... and i need your professional advice...i been envolved in a situation insertive oral sex with a girl but she did some laceration in my pennis during the act, i was told that was not a real risk of infection...so i am married and have sex with my wife..after that she develop swollen lymph nodes behind the ears and neck, so i became nervous and went for a test after almost 20 weeks blood test using method ECLIA came back negative, can i consider this conclusive and definitive, please need your advice best regards Antonio PD.How can I donate from here?? is ECLIA good for rule out HIV infection??? THANKS

Hi Antonio,

A negative ECLIA test 20 weeks after a blowjob would be considered definitive and conclusive. ECLIA tests are very reliable (like ELISA tests). See below.

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well.

What is E.C.L.I.A??? Is this test reliable? Nov 1, 2007

Hello Doc, during a risk encounter with a girl, the condom broke briefly (about 10 seconds). This was 90 days ago, and after reading all the posts and your answers I did 2 4th generation tests at 21 days and at 9 weeks, both of them Negative.

Yesterday, after 89 days, I took the final test: it was Negative too, and it was a blood analysis with "electro chemical luminescence" or something like that (called E.C.L.I.A).

After 89 days of waiting...

1. Is this definitive? Should I retest? (I hope not becouse of 1 day!)

2. Is this kind of blood test reliable? (it's suposed to be a 4th generation test: HIV 1+2 and p24 antigen)

3. How can I donate? You have helped me a lot.

Thank you very much for your answer, I didn't found anything related to this in the old posts.

1. I cannot change the published guidelines that state HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be definitive. However, personally, I would consider your negative fourth generation tests at 3 and 9 weeks and an 89-day negative ECLIA following a 10-second (condom failure) exposure to be definitive and conclusive. Go ahead and WOO-HOO!

2. ECLIA is Electrochemiluminescence immunoassay. Yes, it's not only reliable, it's a really, really good word if you're playing Scrabble.

3. Just sign on to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org and click on the donate tab. There you'll find all the information for making tax-deductible donations using credit cards, PayPal, check, direct wire transfer, checks, money orders, etc.

Thank you for your interest in making a tax-deductible gift to help those in desperate need.

Stay well!

Prove that HIV causes AIDS
Does masturbation makes ur skin dry?