Am I HIV Resistant

For 7 years I had sex with an HIV postive lover (unknowingly) and have not contracted HIV (2 tests 8 months apart). While it is true that we rarely engaged in anal sex, we regularly had every other kind. Last year my lover died of HIV related Lymphoma. Based on my experience, it is VERY difficult (or impossible) to contract HIV if not engaged in unprotected anal sex. Is it possible that I am resistant to HIV? How could I prove this without risking infection?

Your experience is far from unique. Check out the archives and you'll find many testimonials similar to yours. You'll also see that despite being very lucky that you have not acquired the virus, even after multiple exposures, this does not mean that it is "very difficult or impossible" for you to contract HIV!!! Consider this analogy: A guy decides to play Russian roulette and manages to pull the trigger five times without blowing his head off, even though not blowing his head off after five trigger pulls (on a six-chamber gun) is statistically quite rare. If he assume it's "very difficult" for him to blow his brains out because of his experience to date and therefore decides to try it again with another revolver, chances are he'll be pushing up daisies and his cerebellum will be splattered on the walls and ceiling before he gets to the 5th chamber. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected oral sex is 1 in 10,000 exposures (five per 10,000 exposures for unprotected insertive vaginal sex). Consequently to assume you are resistant to HIV based on your experience to date makes absolutely no sense statistically. Should you act on that false assumption, you may wind up just like Russian Roulette Guy.

Confused and Frustrated
20 Years in Hell Follow Up (HOME ACCESS EXPRESS TEST, 2009)