No Glove???

I have been struggling with crippling OCD fears of HIV for several years and am slowly improving in part because of this wonderful site. However, there is one incident I can't seem to get past...

Earlier this year, I was tested for HIV 6 months after making out with a stranger. When the Doctor (my PCP) drew my blood I was shocked to discover he didn't use gloves.

My test was negative, but I can't stop worrying that I was exposed to something because he didn't use gloves?

Is it even worth worrying about that I somehow contracted HIV from the doctor because he didn't use gloves?

I appreciate all that you do and would love to put this incident behind me with your help.

Thank you for all your good work.

Although gloves are recommended for blood drawing, it's primarily a precaution to avoid the extremely rare event in which there may be a blood-to-blood or blood-to-non-intact-skin contact. (It's actually more of a protection for the blood drawer!) Your fears are unwarranted. I should also mention HIV testing is usually not warranted solely for an episode of "making out with a stranger;" although, I suppose that depends on one's definition of "making out!" At any rate, your problem remains OCD, not HIV, OK?

Help some students out please!
BRIAN, BRIAN, BRIAN,BRIAN, BRIAN, BRIAN