Please put my mind to rest

Hi Dr. Bob, I was hoping that you could shine some light on my concern. I made a stupid decision the other day. I had some irritation on my shaft over the weekend after "burping the nephew". I didn't give it much thought because I had shaved and trimmed a few days before. There seemed to be some redness and possibly small sores. I had an encounter with a CSW a few days later. I received protected oral (she provided the condom). A couple of days later after "burping" again (I know I need to find a hobby) I had some pain and noticed 5 little ulcers near the base of the shaft. I went to a walk in clinic to get it checked out. They did a swab of the ulcers and thought it may be genital herpes. I was given a 10 Valtrex script. I never had an outbreak or concern before this. My concern is I am not sure if the condom covered the irritated area during the oral. I did not notice any blood on the condom or in her mouth. I was hoping that you could lend some of your expertise and let me know what my HIV risk may have been. I have read the forum quite thoroughly and could find any herpes/receiving oral risk posts. I like many, many other people value your opinion. Thank you very much for your time and a donation will follow for your great foundation. Thank you for all that you do.

STDs that cause sores, blisters and ulcers (like herpes and syphilis) are very easy to transmit and acquire from all types of oral sex both getting and giving.

Having open herpes sores can provide easy access for HIV. In addition, white blood cells at the site of herpes sores can increase the susceptibility to HIV. Despite this, oral sex would still carry only a minimal risk for HIV transmission. Saliva is not considered a risk, unless it contains visible blood. If you remain worried, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. I would anticipate the result would be negative.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your three-month HIV test will be negative.

Hope Nobel Peace Prize Nominated to you
RE: hairdresser do I need pep