Extremely worried, strong promise for donation

Dear Dr. Robert J Franscino,

I am extremely worried about an incident in Kual Lumpur in end of November, 2008. If you respond, please take my words that I will make a donation to this noble foundation which is doing a noble and extremely remakrable job.

I had a theurapatic massage with a massager, she did not seem to be a sex-worker as they had 2 catogories 1 sex worker and massagers. We did not have any oral, anal or vaginal sex. she did not take off her clothes at all. After the hand-massage, she gave me a hand job with no condom and it lasted less than 30 seconds, she also licked my nipple (chest while doing the handjob). I gave her my own oil to use for massage, I apparently did not have any visible cuts on my body, only small reddish unpainful spots which I always have. Her hands seemed to be fine and mouth as well as she did this licking for around 20 to 25 seconds. I took a deep-cleaning shower immediately. Now after 2 weeks I had a diarrhea which lasted for a week, after 4 weeks I have headache with burning chest, infection in the gum, body-ache and the diarrhea has also come again since last 2days. Dr, please i have very young kids and I live in Dubai where I will be thrown out if i test here and result is not negative and most grave of all I have to live, untested and untreated, I strongly promise I will make a donation, please, please kindly answer as i am feeling very worried and extremely lonely in such a society.

Hi Extremely Worried Dubai Guy,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. HIV testing is not warranted. Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is certain: It's not HIV, OK?

It never ceases to amaze me how many absolutely panicked folks write to me from Dubai. No doubt Dubai's unconscionable and immoral attitudes toward HIV/AIDS contribute not only to this panic and ongoing HIV stigma but also to actually fueling the epidemic because everyone is so terrified of the consequences of testing HIV positive that they don't get tested.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Hopefully someday soon we'll be able to fund HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention, testing and treatment programs in Dubai!

Stay safe. Stay well. Stop worrying.

Med doctor to help out my gay forum?
Others Disclosing my status