Sharing clothes (unclean?)

PLease help ease my paranoia (I think and hope thats all it is)

I borrowed my sisters swimsuit (unknown hiv status) but didn't think till after I'd tried it on that she may have worn it recently - although it would have been at least 6 hours from when she passed it to me and when I tried it on

I worry that she could have tried it on and leaked some bodily fluids onto it which I could then have come into contact with (as I did have a small cut on my private parts at the time)

This was 7 weeks ago - I think my paranoia is fuelled by the fact that I'm 36 weeks pregnant and petrified of passing anything onto my baby.

Many thanks in advance for any reply

As with so many questions, the information (and reassurance) you desire was already waiting for you in the archives. (See below. I'll reprint some bathing suit questions.)

bathing suit in dressing room Sep 18, 2003

Please help me! I have generalized anxiety disorder and would like to know my chances of getting HIV from trying on a bathing suit in a department store without underwear. I was in the department store yesterday and was trying on a bunch of bathing suits without underwear and my mother screamed at me and told me that I could get a disease this way. Is she right? Please respond!!!!!

Your mother screamed at you in the department store? I'll bet that was more embarrassing than looking at yourself in the mirror after putting on that "itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny, yellow polka dot bikini." Relax dear, you cannot get HIV in a department store dressing room, unless, of course, you are having unprotected sex there with an HIV-positive partner in one of those cabins. Your mom (from whom you may have inherited your "generalized anxiety disorder") was probably more worried about your catching crabs or scabies, not HIV. If she was concerned about HIV, she's the one who should be signing on to this site! As for trying on bathing suits without underwear, I'd say your biggest risk is being seen on those dressing room video cameras that were installed to prevent shoplifting!

lap dance???? May 29, 2006

Hey There Dr. Sexy,

Say, i'm not sure if I had a lap dance or not. i did go to a stripper club and for a tip one of the bar girls came to our table and was really friendly, unzipping my trousers and reaching in a bit ... stuff like that. It was my first time but i'll be back! Any risk for this kind of fun.

Thanks doc. you're the best.

zippy

Hi Not Sure,

Believe it or not, even questions as absurd as yours have been addressed before in the archives! I'll repost one below.

I don't know if I got a lap dance. Jan 20, 2005

Hello - I was just wondering what you consider a lap dance. I had a naked chick rubbing her pussy all over the tip of my dick. I was wearing uderwear and a bathing suit. (1) is that what you call a no risk lap dance. (2) whats my risk? Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino:

Not only do you not know what a lap dance is, but apparently you can't tell the difference between a swimming pool and a titty-bar. Why were you wearing a bathing suit and your Calvins??? Oh, never mind.

If a naked chick is rough riding your fully dressed big bopper, chances are you are indeed getting a lap dance, especially if she's wearing red cha-cha heels, there is loud bad disco music playing and a burly sweaty dude named Bruno is sitting nearby with a raincoat in his lap.

I would consider your HIV risk to be essentially nonexistent. I think your biggest worries should be 1) Bruno and 2) being busted by the fashion police.

Stay well.

please dr Bob.make me feel better
How do you define an open wound?