dont wait!!!

hi dr bob i wrote to yourself a couple of times in the past seeking reassurance etc. but had no reply. i am writing in the hope that somebody who is in a similar situation i was will read. to cut a long story short, i waited nearly 8 years to test!! cowardly i know but once your in that rut its hard to get out of. anyhow last week i went and got an INSTI rapid HIV 1-2 test. it was a very difficult thing for me to do but guess what? it was negative!! now over these last years i seem to have had every symptom imaginable- severe dandruff, floaters, recurrent fungal infections (genital), swollen glands, ranula cysts, swollen parotid gland the list goes on and all along i felt i was living on borrowed time. so my advice to you guys worrying is to listen up to the dr bob's of this world regarding symptoms being non indicative etc, and go get tested!! dont waste years worrying like i did. although the way ive felt in the last week has nearly made up for all the worrying! and dr bob, i will be donating to your charity and will do my best to regulary donate to a U.K based charity (bit closer to home) and keep up the good work, and the good sense of humour! many thanks happy in england

Hello Happy in England,

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your story, your great news and your newfound insights. I'll now gladly add your post to our rapidly expanded "X-files" ("Ex-worried wells"). I am hopeful you may well help a few other worried-wellers caught in their own self-inflicted "worried-well hell" to grow a pair and get tested! When it comes to HIV, what you don't know can indeed hurt you!

Thanks also for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Cheers, tally-ho and WOO-HOO!

Oral whilst blood
please dr Bob.make me feel better