Another Worried One, need help!

Dear Doctor, I had a one night stand protected encounter with a working girl in South America on Feb 18th, 2008. Couple of weeks after the encounter, I got back home and came donw with a severe case of the FLU and experienced all of the typical symptoms I read about on the internet for HIV. I started to panic (went crazy) and got tested for STD and HIV 1/2 EIA Antibody w/ Reflexes & EIA AB Screen on 3/3/08 and all came back Non-Reactive. In August of 08 I started loosing weight and experiencing more of the symptoms I always read about and started to panic again (this time was bad). I called a friend doctor in the area and he had me retest for HIV EIA Antibody w/ Reflexes AB again in 08/06/08. The results were Non-Reactive as well. For some reason I am still worried and this has taken a toll on me mentally and emotionally.

My question is related to the window period; many sites say that to be sure one needs to test at 3, 6, and 9 months? Do I need to go back in for another exam for my peace of mind or chances are I should accept the latest results in August of 08 (almost 5 1/2 months after the encounter date)? Please help as I am going crazy and cannot stand this any longer! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!

Thanks a million!

PD: before this encounter and ordeal I had no idea the impact of this desease; this certainly opened my eyes in many ways. This is a cause worth fighting for since so many people are afected by it.

Your negative EIA out to 5.5 months is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

I agree this is indeed a cause worth fighting for.

Is this crazy? Or am I?
Scab on Penis