initial symptoms

Hi Dr

I sent a message back a few days ago (unprotected vaginal sex with a hiv positive person) but then realised you had been asked the same question before and you mentioned estimated odds of transmission of 5 in 10000, just a quick question i have been having symptoms since the day i got back from my possible exposure but around 8 weeks after -till now 4 months later i have had muscle twitches in my right hand, legs,calfs and both eyes , on most websites it doesn't mention these as usual symptoms for acute hiv but i noticed it is mentioned on others , can you clarify please . I have my test in the morning so am obviously more than a little worried

Thanks

ps: i would also like to thank this site has it has opened my eyes to what people with hiv have and are going through, and whatever the outcome of my test i will certainly be making a donation

Fasciculations ("muscle twitches") are not commonly seen during HIV Acute Retroviral Syndrome (ARS). As I have mentioned frequently in this forum, "symptoms" are unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. If you've had an HIV-exposure risk, you need HIV testing at the three-month mark, whether or not you have symptoms.

Thanks for your kind comments and donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your HIV test results are negative.

Funtional Cure
Precum slingshot???