Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

3rd time - Gave head to Dubya and scared.
Jan 10, 2009

JUST JOKING BUT I HOPE I GOT YOUR ATTENTION

Dr:

I am scared and would like your expert opinion. Last weekend I had unprotected receptive and insertive oral sex with 2 guys. 1st sucked me for about 1 minute (no cum) and I sucked him for about 4 (no cum). I didn't even find any pre-cum. He also rimmed me as well pretty deeply. He had a big penis and he did deep throat me but it wasn't what I would call severe. Did gag a few times though. I have great oral health and didn't brush before this encounter. The next day, stupidly, I had oral sex with another guy both insertive and receptive. No cum again, and I sucked the head for all of 15 seconds, again mostly the shaft and very gentle). We then fucked each other, totally protected with condoms I brought and tested, and we didn't even cum in the condom in each other. Not worried about that. I am really scared because the next day I had a sore throat. I had also been partying, and smoking which I don't normally do. My throat was red and , but I had other symptoms of sinus ache, runny nose, phlegm associated with a cold, etc. I've also been tired, but I haven't been sleeping well either. I went to my doc today who did a STD screen. He said I had all symptoms of sinus infection which he has seen a lot of and my symptoms are classic. He said that my risk was low, but there is a risk of transmission from receptive. He said that where I live (rural VT) also is a factor because it is quite low risk to get HIV here, which was shocking for me to hear. Can you gauge what my risks are? I feel so tired, but I also feel like I have a light cold. Is this ARS? Am I royally fucked, and not in a good way?

Thank you so much for your time. Please set my mind at ease and give me good Karma.

P.S. I made a donation as well the other day.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Gosh, whoever knew there was so much hot action going on in rural Vermont?!

I agree with your doctor: The risk of HIV transmission/acquisition is extremely low. As with all types of penetrative sex, the receptive partner is always at greater risk than the insertive partner.

If "partying" means popping uppers (crack, coke, meth, ecstasy or whatever) as opposed to playing naked Twister, I strongly advise you stop, for both your physical and mental well-being. I also strongly recommend you quit smoking. If you don't, it will kill you in a very painful and undignified fashion.

Your sore throat was most likely due to your deep-throating the other dudes trouser snake (anaconda?) plus smoking. Certainly a sinus infection is a distinct possibility.

My advice is to follow your doctor's recommendations and also to get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark.

Thanks for your donation. In return I'm sending, as requested, my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test is negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
questions about HIV - reentering dating at 47
Next
please answer, very very worried about hiv ars symptoms

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.