Passion Overides Common Sense

Hello Good Doctor,

I was in a love romp with a hot hiv pos man where I let go of all my inhibitions and had a one time only all the way sex with him without any protection. Afterwards you can bet that I was freaking out and blamed my stupidity and him for not caring enough to stop it. I know it was my fault more than his because I should be the one in control of my life. Instead of getting tested as soon as possible, I kept putting it off. Finally after 6 1/2 months to the date of my unprotected encounter I was tested with a blood Hiv AB test and it was negative. So relieved, I celebrated and vowed to start a new life. Well, that didn't quit happen either. I continued to doubt my test and thought there had to be a mistake. I really don't want to be tested again if I don't have to. So Doctor can you tell me your opinion on a one single Hiv AB test after 6 months of being with an Hiv pos. partner is enough, or do I need more tests? I haven't been at any other risks.

Love,

Danny

Hello Danny,

Your story once again proves the well known adage that the higher powers gave men both a brain and a dick, but only enough blood to run one at a time. Your single negative HIV-antibody test at 6.5 months is definitive and conclusive. You very luckily dodged the HIV bullet. No further testing is warranted. Remember to adherence to safer sexual practices in the future is!

Be well. Stay well. Stay safe.

follow up bi guy with crypto
Really quick question