Atripla on empty stomach

I was told to take my med (Atripla) on empty stomach. Can you tell me why? someone posted only it is to just help with the side effects. is that correct? or is there an other reason why? I know it should be taken 1 hour before or 2 hours after i eat. is that correct?

Taking efavirenz (Sustiva), a component of Atripla, with food increases absorption of the drug, which in turn leads to higher blood levels, which can be associated with increased side effects. That is really the only reason for the recommendation to take Atripla on an empty stomach. If you are not bothered by side effects, you can take it with or without food. Generally speaking, "on an empty stomach" means taking the medication at least one before or two hours after eating.

To all readers
Des choses belles