To all readers

Like you I have been in the same position of reading this forum thinking that I might have got HIV from a blowjob or giving cunnilingus. Over the past 10 years every time I put myself at little risk I freak out and start reading, and the end result is always the same negative. I have been freaked out for the last 3 months over a low risk incident with a working girl of me giving her oral sex and stressing out over it. I got tested yesterday and it was negative. Instead of reading these forums go and do a search on stress and anxiety and you will see a lot of the same symptoms. In my case I did not have any symptoms other then fatigue and feeling shaky. Guess what after my test came back negative, I still feel a little tired but not so shaky. Its like this, and I do it just about every time when I am with a girl. I ask her if I am concerned about it, if she is clean and does she get tested. If I do not like her response then either I dont do anything or I am careful. If a girl is about to give you a blow job and you are concern where a condom then. The chances are like the doc says in your favor that you are not going to get HIV. Will you might get something else, yes maybe. I have got Chlamydia and or Gonorrhea before from receiving or giving oral sex and took medicine to fix it. Now someone told me that there is a new strain of Gonorrhea that is hard to get rid of, maybe the doc can answer that one since I think that is more of a threat with oral sex then HIV. My ending statement is stop thinking about it, go and get tested and you will more than likely be negative like I am.

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your insights. Regarding gonorrhea, yes, it is becoming more difficult to treat. See below.

Is Levaquin still effective against Gonnorhea? Dec 26, 2008

I recently tested positive for gonnorhea. The physician prescribed Levaquin. However, I read that the CDC advises not to use Levaquin for Chlymadia or Gonnorhea infections. Is the drug still effective against both of these infections? Thanks!

Levaquin is an antibiotic that is a member of the class of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. Ongoing data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC's) Gonococcal Isolate Surveillance Project (GISP) demonstrate that fluoroquinolone-resistant gonorrhea is continuing to spread and is now widespread in the United States. Consequently, fluoroquinolones are no longer recommended for the treatment of gonorrhea in the United States. Ceftriaxone or Cefixime are now the recommended treatments. Advise your doctor to check with the local health department or CDC or read the new recommendations in "MMWR, April 13, 2007." (And then charge him for an office visit!)

Former question ( Fingering & Handjob )
Atripla on empty stomach