Am i at Risk ? How do i donate money??

Hello Rob,

I had sex few times within the last week fo december with sex workers, i was drunk i had used condoms as well and i am sure the condoms did not break at all, but since then i am experiencing these symptoms fever, headache, behind my ear there is a swelling may be this is what you call swollen nodes (i am not sure), and dry cough...also i work in night shifts usually i use to sleep for abt 8 hours a day now a days i feel sleepy almost the whole day and night.. are these symptoms are really HIV symptoms or something else... if i am not at risk then why these symptoms has appreared straight after the exposures i had.

Please answer this and with the answer please do send me the donation information as well.

Harry

Hello Harry,

Your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent, assuming you used latex condoms properly and they did not break. If you are worried that you placed yourself at risk for HIV, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered definitive or conclusive.

Unfortunately I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. I tend to doubt they are HIV related. Symptoms of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) take two to three weeks to manifest themselves. They do not appear hours to days after an exposure. If you are bothered by persistent fevers, headaches or other problems, see your general medical doctor for an evaluation. There are many non-HIV causes that could explain symptoms like the ones you describe.

Thanks for you interest in donating to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test results are negative. I strongly suspect the result will indeed be negative!

just when everything was ok
Thanks for your responses