The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hairdresser do I need pep

Jan 7, 2009

Dr. Bob

I would like to send you a donation please let me were to send my donation.

I am a hairdresser the other day when cutting my last client of the day I cut the top of my finger it was a small cut about half cm long but it blead. Then about 30 min later I went to a park and meet a man there. He had his hand down his pants I realized he was playing with himself. He then took his hand out of his pants and graded and touched my hand that had the cut on it. The cut was not bleeding at this time my concern is if he had a little of precum on his hand and touched my hand and finger and a little of precum came in contact with the finger with the cut on it. Becuse most men have precum when erect. Do you feel that I am at risk for HIV infection? Do you I need to start pep and do you warrent testing for this type of exposure? Thank you for you time.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Your HIV risk is nonexistent. I see no cause for concern or HIV testing and certainly no indication for PEP!

Thanks for your interest in the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information is available on the foundation's Web site at The foundation's address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Be well. Stay well. Stop worrying, OK?

Dr. Bob

Gus, the south american fan of Obama
When working as a volunteer health care worker, is it possible I contracted the HIV virus?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint