Thank you!!!

Dr. Bob,

I just want to take the time to thank you for all the time that you dedicate to help and support with clear and real information all desperate people (like me) in dealing with the fears of getting infected. This is the first time that I write but I have been reading the forum for the past 10 weeks, at least, and let me tell you that the information you provide has been very useful.

Let me explain my situation: I had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex with a CSW of unknown status 90 days ago. About 2 weeks later I started with some symptoms: diarrhea and specially pain, burning and tickling sensation in both hands. Of course I linked all the symptoms to HIV and started the worst months in my life. Reading thru your files I understood that my exposure was minimal but existent so I decided to see an HIV specialist. He recommended me to get tested at 8 weeks. The result was negative and he told me that from his perspective I was fine but my anxiety and guilt was making me feel all the possible symptoms. I have been very anxious during all this time and per your recommendation I just took my 13 week test today (90 days) and I got a negative result, so I think I can woohoo now, right?.

As today, I am taking some anxiety pills and feeling better however I still having some pain/tickling in my hands so I will go to the neurology now that I know that HIV is not my problem.

Once again, I would like to thank you for all the support. I would like to donate some to your foundation, please provide me with the information to do so.

Sorry for my English, my language is Spanish and I am writing you from Mexico.

Regards,

Happy Fellow

Hi Happy Fellow,

Thanks for your thanks and kind comments. I'm delighted you found the information here useful and reassuring.

Can you WOO-HOO now? Absofrickinlutely!!! Congratulations!

Thanks for your desire to make a donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Mucha suerte y un gran abrazo.

Eating a lot because depressed
Gus, the south american fan of Obama