Dr. Bob, You are the greatest!

Dr. Bob,

I recently donated to your site but I had a few more questions that I could not find the answers to by looking through the past post.

What is the percent chance of getting hiv if you are a male having vaginal sex with a female how is hiv positive if you currently have genetal herpes but are in the healing phase of the outbreak? By that I mean the scabs are barley noticeable and almost gone.

Thank you and another donation will be on the way soon!! :)

Be reasonable! We don't have statistical estimates for every single combination of variables (. . . "vaginal sex, HIV positive female, genital herpes, healing phase, barely noticeable scabs" etc.). The best I can offer is the estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. If you have an active STD, such as genital herpes, your HIV-transmission risk increases, but I can't give you an exact statistic as to how much. The bottom line is much more clear. If you placed yourself at risk for HIV by having unprotected sex, you need an HIV test at the three-month mark. Period. The rest is just mental masturbation! Stop overanalyzing and get your test at three months!

pregnancy (PREGNANCY)
I'm 13 but it isn't a lucky number... (BIG BEAR OR BUST PART DOS )