Pain in the butt

Hi Doc

I know you have many more questions that are more important then mine but please could you help me.I mailed you before "Correct Diagnosis" but got my facts wrong, I had my last hiv test done 6 months past sexual exposure but 5 months past post pep. Can I trust these results or is that last month really crirtical as as per my previous mail I am still having health problem - also I would like to thanks you for answering all these questions as I think you are doing a awesome service to mankind and your postive attitude is something great.

Regards

Diagnosis Correct? 2nd (Submitted Jan 6, 2009)

Hi Dr Rob

Sorry to be such a pain in the butt but on my last mail I got the my facts wrong - probably cause I am so stressed out on the whole thing - apologies. My last Elisa test was done at 6 months past sexual exposure - 5 months past post - pep thus not the recommeded 6 months - any need to go for another test?

When folks entitle their post "pain in the butt," I expect the question would involve some type of discomfort in the gluteus maximus. Oh well, onward.

I didn't respond to your initial "just one more question" post, because I was hopeful you would take the initiative to search for the answer in the archives! (Note to readers: When I don't respond to your question, chances are it's because the answer is already in the archives and I'm really trying not to become "The Department of Redundancy Department," so to speak!).

If you review the questions about PEP in the archives, you will see that post-PEP-testing guidelines suggest follow-up testing at six weeks, three months and six months from the date of exposure. I've also repeatedly listed the Web site address where you can download a copy of the complete guidelines and recommendations regarding PEP (www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/rr/rr5402.pdf ). Now, unless you really do develop discomfort in your gluteus maximus or some other problem, I'm not going to get any more "just one more question" posts from you, right?

BLOW JOB
Medication