BLOW JOB

I GOT A BLOW JOB FROM A WHORE... 5 HOURS LATER, THE TOP OF MY URETHRA STARTED TO ITCH...

I POUR LISTERINE ON MY MEMBER ABOUT 40 MINS AFTER THE EXPOSURE.

COULD THAT ITCH BE FROM AN STD THAT QUICK?

You poured Listerine on your Mr. Happy??? Why? Does he have bad breath?

Dude, your one-eyed monster is most likely not all that happy with his mouthwash spritzing and that's why he's itching! I'll repost below some questions from the archives pertaining to Listerine.

does listerine kill HIV Nov 4, 2007

A few nights ago, I had protected sex with a womean whom I had just met. It was a casual encounter. About 45 minutes into it, I realized that the condom was no longer on my penis. I immediately pulled out and put on another condom. I finished in about 5 more minutes, and now I'm pretty scared. I don't really know the status of the woman I was with, so after I got home, (about 1 hour later, I poured listerine on myself. My questions are: What are my risks for contracting HIV from this encounter- if the condom was off for 3-5 minutes, is it at all likely that I may have contracted HIV? Would the listerine do anything to kill the virus? I know I probably sound pretty stupid, but I'm freaking out and would really appreciate any feedback regarding this. I'm planning on getting tested, but I know that I have to wait, and I'm pretty sure that I'll go crazy before the wait is up. Please help.

Condom failure resulting in 3-5 minutes of unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently I agree testing is warranted at the three-month mark. Does Listerine poured on your tallywhacker kill HIV? No, but I'm quite confident your Mr. Happy certainly won't have to worry about halitosis for quite some time.

Good luck on your three-month HIV test.

fraked out for no reason or am I?????? Mar 28, 2004

HI DR. Bob

this is my third time asking this question, I was with a sex worker and i asked if i could cum on her face. She was all calm with it , so when i did cum she started to lick the cum off my hand, I had a three day old cut on my hand. I cant remember if i wiped my hand dry or licked it, any ways I freaked out and started to spit all over my hand to clean it, i heard saliva inhibits the virus. But i also put saliva on my cut. When i got home I started to think , she offered a blowjob with no condom, so what if if there was someone elses cum in her mouth and i licked it off my hand and put it on my cut along with saliva.

So here are my three questions,

1. Can my saliva inhibit someones elses cum or saliva with hiv in it.

2. How long can cum stay alive in the mouth along with the virus.

#. What is my risk from this situation.

Please help Dr. Bob, i promise i will donate , just dont have a credit card.

So your hooker wanted a spunk-protein facial, you popped a load of man-juice, and then everyone lapped it up off your sticky fingers, which had a three-day-old cut on them. OK, that sounds fairly routine, but didn't your hooker wonder what was up when you then started frantically hocking up gobs of loogies and spitting all over your hand "to clean it?" OK, never mind, she's probably seen much weirder behavior when she works the Republican National Conventions. First off, your three-day-old cut was probably reasonably well healed, unless, of course, you had cut it with a chainsaw. Next, spit is not a sterilizing solution. Next, just how much cum do you think your date could have been savoring in her mouth? Even if she gargles with jizz instead of Listerine, transferring HIV via this route would be completely improbable.

OK, on to your three specific questions:

1. Saliva does contain some properties that inhibit HIV, but to what extent, we don't know. Let's just say it's not a recommended form of HIV prevention just yet.

2. As I hope you would probably guess, there are no clinical studies on this. To conduct them would be more than a bit unethical, don't you think? Even hypothetically, there would be way too many variables to consider viral load, viral strain, saliva characteristics, etc.

3. I'd say your risk was essentially nonexistent. Hope that helps calm any fears.

Thanks for the donation! Continue to play safe and you'll stay safe.

mexican toilet water Apr 3, 2003

Dear Robert,

I hope you have time to answer this question it has given me a tremendous amount of anxiety. This summer in Mexico I unfortunately drank way too much tequila and was told the next day by someone that i "was gargeling toilet water" and that they found me in the bathroom with my head in the toilet they then proceeded to pick me up and throw me out on the street. I woke up when i landed on the street and stumbled home. My anxiey of course is centered around having my head in the toilet. This was the first time i ever blacked out on alcohol so my imagination is running wild. I know from eveything i read that HIV is not transmitted via toilets but what if i ingested fluids from a toilet would that change anything. I got tested for HIV at planned parenthood 50 days after the incident which was negative. The counselor told me that she did not think that i needed any further testing. I then got tested for hepatitus A, B, and C which were all negative at 5 months. I was told by my physician that there was nothing to worry about and she thought the story was funny and that her husband had a night like that in mexico as well. I'm sure i am not the first person to have a night like this in mexico involving tequila. My first question is how long would an infectious fluid survive on a toilet seat or in toilet water. Secondly when people say direct does that mean directly from one person to the other. I would also like to know what test generation are the elisa's used by planned parenthood, and finally is this considered a no risk incident. Thank you for your time and the service you provide. I really beleive if there was no such thing as the internet i would not still be thinking about this. Thanks again

Well, I dont know if Id call "gargling toilet water" after blacking out from too much tequila in Mexico exactly a "no-risk incident." Id say its fairly risky, but not for HIV. Luckily, your tests for hepatitis A, B, and C are negative. By the way, there are very good vaccines to protect you against hepatitis A and B. As for HIV, your risk is extremely low. Your 50-day test is encouraging; however, in general, a 3-month test is required to rule out infection after a possible exposure. Youre mistaking the Mexican toilet bowl water for Listerine does not qualify as an exposure. Im amazed you didnt get diarrhea. Most folks get Montezumas Revenge just from crossing the border, let alone doing a swan dive into the tidy bowl. You must be one lucky guy.

As for your specific questions, HIV doesnt live long outside the body (or in Mexican toilet bowls). There are no scientific studies to say exactly how many seconds it would survive under those conditions. (Cant imagine why someone hasnt wanted to fund that clinical study yet.) As for what generation test your planned parenthood is using, how would I know? Im not a clairvoyant. Call them and ask them. Finally, regarding risk, well, you might want to talk to someone about your alcohol intake if you are getting to the blackout stage. Good luck.

Oral Sex with Listerine

Dear Doctor Frascino,

I have one time had sex with a prostitute, she did rinse her mouth with listerine and spray listerine on my anal before she licked me. Can Listerine Kills the HIV virus in her mouth? I am not sure if I have cut in my anal but if I have cut in my anal,and was sprayed with Listerine does it help?

Thanks again.

She sprayed Listerine on your butt before she licked it???? Gosh, who were you having sex with? A dental hygienist?

Relax Dude, Listerine or no Listerine, there have been no recorded cases of getting HIV from rimming or getting rimmed. From an HIV perspective, I see no cause for alarm.

Stay well.

please..doc..the STD people in my town are so inconsistent!
Pain in the butt