BIG BEAR OR BUST!

You're my only way for a relaxing vacation :)

O.k so Ive been having HIV anxiety. We are leaving to big bear in a few days, and i just found out our cabin we rented has a jacuzzi/hot tub/spa...whatever it's called. Now my fear is...

1. Is there any risk of transmission through the hot tub/spa. With any blood, semen or vaginal fluid that may be left over in the jets (the thing that makes the bubbles)

2. Any risk of transmission through the shower head or bath tub?

3. Risk of transmission by using the shared pool sticks for the pool table?

I had read a while ago about the foot spa at nail salons that could be a risk of HIV because of the jets and how I guess they suction and hold the virus, so they have to use plastic over the tub you put your feet in.

This cabin rental is one that many people whom we don't know rent out. Different ages, sex, race... just random arrays of people. And I know people will be staying there and checking out the day we check in. I'm worried of blood transfer or semen/vaginal secretions that were left behind by the people of unknown status.

I guess it's similar to staying in a hotel.... But please help my understanding. I already donated money for the donation of your time you give to us. I truly, truly appreciate it!!

*If there is a risk from the hot tub/spa or shower, what is the best way to clean it to eliminate the possible transmission?

I LOVE YOU DOC! You're truly my hero.

I just sent an email of questions of transmission through spa/jacuzzi..I forgot to note that the spa is in a cabin rental that random people rent out AND with NO CLORINE!!

IF YOU DO ANSWER THIS QUESTION, CAN YOU PLEASE RE-POST MY ORIGINAL MESSAGE WITH THIS ONE?

I have a few co-workers that are also curious about this. They are all willing to donate as well. Love you even more! XOXO

Dude, you are leaving for a Big Bear vacation in a few days and you find out your cabin has a "Jacuzzi/hot tub/spa . . . whatever." OK fine. Most guys at this point would be smiling from ear to ear, thinking about the increased nookie potential! But you, on the other hand, are freaking out about catching HIV from a previous rub-a-dub-dub in the tub. Now think this through. If HIV were really transmitted that easily, don't you think it would have wiped out the planet (or at least Las Vegas) long ago? Your HIV-acquisition risk from the "whatever" is nonexistent. Stop worrying. Grab your rubber ducky or Mr. Bubbles and dive in for some good clean fun.

By the way, your fears of contracting HIV from showerheads, bathtubs or pool sticks are equally irrational. I suggest you spend some time perusing the information on this site, paying particular attention to how HIV is and is not transmitted. Otherwise your next question to me might concern contracting HIV from me through the computer screen.

Stop worrying and start vacationing.

Switch to Epzicom
17 and first HIV test