Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I want to have a baby please help!
Jan 5, 2009

Dear Doc,

I really need your advice. I have written before but there were no answer from you. I desperately need advice and I have donated to your association. To make it brief, I had raw scratches when my cat scratched me. It was pretty bad. The wounds were very open I would say. But no active bleeding. Only very red lines, it's like you could see the flesh, with the skin being ripped off. So 1-2 hours after I got those scratches I was walking in some back back alleys when some sex workers grabbed me, their hands wrapped around my wounds! I struggled free but I got worried that I might get something from them if they were to be HIV +ve. Am I sounding crazy? Is there a risk here? Please help. I just got married and I wanted to try for a baby with my wife but now I do not dare to have unprotected sex with her, for fear of infecting her with anything. Do I have to go get tested after 3 months? I'm feeling so stressed. :( You are the greatest doc I know in this HIV field. I will follow what you advise me so pls pls help me.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

"Am I sounding crazy?" Yep, you sound like a completely wacked-out nutter.

"Is there a risk here?" Nope!

"Do I have to go get tested after 3 months?" Nope!

"I'm feeling so stressed." Yep and it's time you talked to your doctor about your problems with your stress and anxiety and irrational fears of HIV. Counseling may well be very helpful! The only other piece of advice I have for you is to consider declawing that ferocious feline!

Dr. Bob

Previous
when does seborrheic eczema occur?
Next
I was worried for two years

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.