when does seborrheic eczema occur?

Dr. Robert,

I want to thank you for all of the help you have given all of the worried people here in this forum. You are truly an expert in your field and a very compassionate person. Three years ago I had an evening of drinking and there was a stripper involved. Because of the drinking remembering all of the evening is rather tough and I think there may have been some contact.

I now suffer from anxiety and have since quit drinking all together. I am a father of 2 and am married to a wonderful woman.

Two months after the encounter I developed seborrheic eczema on the normal places on my face. This really scared me to death as to it's link to hiv infection. Now it is 3 years later and not much has changed in my health. I still get SD from time to time and it seems worse in cold weather and when I am very stressed.

I guess my question should be an easy one. Is it normal for persons who become HIV infected to ged SD right after? Or does it usually show up years later? This has really been on my mind lateley and I thought it might clear up things for others as well as me. I plan to make a donation and thank you again.

Seborrhea and eczema can be associated with HIV infection; however, it would extremely unlikely for these types of skin conditions to appear two months after being infected with HIV.

I should point out that seborrhea/eczema or no seborrhea/eczema, if you are worried about a potential HIV exposure, the only logical thing to do is to get tested. Worrying about the timing of various symptoms that may or may not be related to HIV is not at all helpful. In fact it's often harmful psychologically. I should also point out the vast, vast, vast majority of cases of seborrhea and/or eczema has absolutely nothing to do with HIV/AIDS. Also these conditions do indeed tend to exacerbate in cold/dry environments and with increased stress.

Thank you for your tax-deductible gift to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your conclusive HIV test will be negative. I'm quite confident it will indeed be negative.

Good luck. Be well.

Re: Am I at risk? - I am so stupid!
I want to have a baby please help!